Be a part of our integrated healthcare team! Solvista Health is located in beautiful southern Colorado, serving a rural four-county region. We are located close to excellent outdoor activities such as mountain hiking trails, mountain biking, and whitewater river sports.
The Financial Analyst will work out of our Cañon City office in one or more areas of financial, business or budget analysis under the direction of Deputy CFO and CFO. The main responsibility will be research, selection and compilation of financial data from multiple sources and general ledger activity related to Medicaid and State funding requirements.
- Monthly review of journal entries, month-end close, and related activities, ad hoc reporting and explanation of financial results, year-end close, and collaborating with business team.
- Assist in evaluating contracts and other transactions for proper accounting treatment as well as establishment of accounting processes for new contract implementations.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of external audits to include annual finance audit, unit cost report, and Office of Behavioral Health annual audits (interim and year-end); assist Deputy CFO as a resource to external auditors and other business team staff.
- Assist staff accountants in following tasks: monthly closing, monthly reconciliation of inter-company activities, and resolving accounts payable, accounts receivable, and prepaid expenses.
- Collaborate with Deputy CFO and CFO on the general ledger regarding monthly maintenance of general ledger accounts, setup new vendors and acquire 1099’s for posting/closing of G/L system.
- Ensure that payroll reconciliations are prepared in compliance with local and state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent experience in Financial position.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work in a busy, high-stress environment; prepare and maintain accurate records; interpret rules and regulations; read and understand client records.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with staff, clients, families, fiscal intermediaries, and providers.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both one on one and in groups; use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Participate in job-related training sessions and seminars.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform related work as required.
This is a full time non-exempt position.
$45,000 - $48,000 annual pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Annual TB, federally required drug screening and Influenza vaccination or compliance with policy and procedure.
- Required possession of a valid state driver's license.
- Successful candidate must submit to and pass, post-offer drug screen.