Solvista Health Community Partners,
First and foremost, gratitude. Thank you all for handling the uncertainty, worry, and challenges facing all of us amid this COVID-19 event. You are responding with patience and understanding and I am inspired by the selfless professionalism that we share throughout this special region of Colorado.
I am writing to update you on several new and decisive steps Solvista Health will take to limit the spread of COVID-19.
My highest priority is keeping risk as low as possible for our staff, clients and community. Even though we have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in any of our offices or in our local area, public health experts expect the expansion of testing to disclose many new cases and anticipate that the novel virus will spread. Thus, we each have a shared responsibility to do whatever we can to impede any exponential spread of COVID-19.
In this, we face an unprecedented challenge: how to ensure the health and safety of our communities and continue to meet the behavioral health needs of our clients and community members.
This means taking immediate, responsible action to reduce the closeness of our social interactions now in order to limit the risk of devastating spread and harm later. We are all dedicated to doing whatever we can to take care of one another.
The Solvista Health COVID-19 Response Team has carefully studied best practices, solicited guidance from our public health partners, and observed successful strategies domestically and internationally. After careful thought and broad consultation, we have decided the following:
- Behavioral Health services will be provided via phone or telehealth beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17th. We will keep this in place until at least Monday, April 6th when we will decide if we need to continue providing services over phone and computer or return to normal operations.
- All Solvista Health behavioral health clients will receive a phone call directly from a member of their treatment team to discuss and make a plan for continuing their treatment.
- While behavioral health services will be provided over phone and telehealth, our Medical Clinic located in Cañon City will be open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. If you are experiencing a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, please call the office first at 719-275-2351.
- All new client referrals should be directed through our call center at 719-275-2351 to coordinate virtual enrollment into care.
- Each of our locations will post information for receiving updates about client services and contacting Solvista Health staff.
- As always, if you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the Statewide Crisis Line at 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or call Solvista Health crisis directly at 719-275-2531. Or, text "TALK” to 38255.
- Implement rules of social distancing for the limited number of staff who must perform essential work functions in our offices or in secured community settings.
- Restrict travel to essential travel only and require everyone to monitor both State Department travel advisories and news about all affected areas before traveling.
- Urge staff who feel unwell or are concerned about their personal health to seek medical treatment, utilize paid leave, and communicate directly with our internal COVID-19 Response Team.
- Provide all stakeholders helpful resources to support individuals through this event. Solvista Health clients will receive these materials directly from their treatment team. Resources will be made available to community partners through Solvista Health’s website, social media, and email communications.
We believe that these immediate steps will decrease the risk and consequences of an avoidable spread of COVID-19 for our community, our country, and the world beyond. We are fully aware of the short-term challenges of this anticipated disruption. However, we also believe these consequences are well worth the long-term health and safety benefits of acting sooner than later.
Thank you for your understanding, flexibility, and spirit of collaboration that are critical as we all try to keep one another and our communities safe. All questions should be directed to our Solvista Health COVID-19 Response Team at email@example.com.
Take great care,