Supported Employment helps people with a mental illness access and succeed in the competitive employment market. The program goal is to help individuals gain rewarding employment or find new employment if they are unsatisfied in their current job. In addition to helping job seekers, Solvista also supports local employers by providing access to motivated employees receiving extra support from Solvista’s highly trained Employment Specialists.
Supported Employment is a proven way to assist individuals with mental health challenges in their recovery. The program is based on the philosophy that work helps people feel better about themselves, improves their self-esteem, and enhances their satisfaction with life.
As a Job Seeker
- You get personal assistance with identifying your strengths and work interests; writing your resume; preparing for interviews; filling out online applications; and coaching on the job, if desired.
- You receive guidance from professional counselors, so you can work without losing important benefits, such as Social Security or Medicaid.
- You have someone to advocate for you during your job search.
- All support is based on your specific needs, with as much or as little help as you want.
As an Employer
- You gain immediate access to prescreened job applicants, with skills and qualifications that are matched to your needs.
- You get additional support and on-the-job coaching for employees who may need it.
- You may qualify for tax savings of up to 40 percent.
- There is no cost to employers.
Individuals who are interested in the Supported Employment
program must be enrolled clients of Solvista Health.
Call us for more information: