Supported Employment helps people with a mental illness access and succeed in the competitive employment market. At the same time, employers are provided with access to motivated employees and extra support from Employment Specialists. The program goal is to provide full access to employment by offering individual support services for people who are experiencing difficulties in their current position or are seeking employment. Based on the philosophy that work helps people feel better about themselves, improves their self-esteem and satisfaction with life; Supported Employment is a proven way of assisting people with recovery.
As a job seeker:
- You get personal assistance with identifying your strengths and work interests; writing your resume; preparing for interviews; filling out online applications; and coaching on the job, if desired.
- You receive guidance from professional counselors, so you can work without losing important benefits, such as Social Security or Medicaid.
- You have someone to advocate for you during your job search.
All of this is based on your specific needs, with as much or as little help as you want.
As an employer:
- You gain immediate access to prescreened job applicants, with skills and qualifications that are matched to your needs.
- You get additional support and on-the-job coaching for employees who may need it.
- You may qualify for tax savings of up to 40 percent.
There is no cost to employers.
"Before getting my job I would sit around feeling sorry for myself. I get a feeling of accomplishment working full time. I got off of public assistance, which is a huge deal in my recovery. I wanted to show my daughter that you can make a better life for yourself and not live off the government. Working makes me push myself to do the things I know I am capable of." ~Job Seeker
Individuals who are interested in the Supported Employment program must be clients of Solvista Health. Call the Cañon City office for more information.